SAPA-NE 2020 High School Excellence Scholarship Application
About the Event
The applicant must submit:
- A brief resume illustrating major accomplishments during the applicant’s K-12 education
- An essay (~600 words) to illustrate what the applicant will be pursuing at college and what inspired him or her to make such a decision
- A recommendation letter from the school counselor and two letters of recommendation from teachers who can attest and comment on the applicant's achievements and development potentials. All three recommendation letters are required to be emailed directly by the recommenders to Dr. Huo Li and Dr. Guiqing Liang.
- A copy of high school transcript and a copy of standard test results.
- A copy of acceptance letter from the college the applicant intends to enroll
- An application fee ($30) through online application. The application fee can be waived if the applicant’s parent or legal guardian is a member of SAPA.
- Filled application form. The download link of the application form will be sent to you after you register online.
Please email your application materials to Dr. Huo Li and Dr. Guiqing Liang after you complete online application. Please use email subject "SAPA-NE 2020 High School Excellence Scholarship Application". Please ask recommenders to email the letters of recommendation no later than the application deadline.
Huo Li: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Guiqing Liang: email@example.com
extended to October 1st, 2020
An independent Scholarship Selection Committee appointed by the SAPA-NE Executive Committee will evaluate all valid applications and nominate several strongest candidates. SAPA-NE Executive Committee will make the final selection of up to three award recipients. Applicants will be evaluated on:
- Academic performance, leadership quality, and community/school service.
- Demonstrated potential and commitment to a career aspiration that has a broad impact in the society.
Recipients of 2020 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship will be notified by Scholarship Selection Committee by email.
Upon contact by Scholarship Selection Committee, a SAPA-NE Scholar must submit an acknowledgment letter stating the acceptance of the scholarship award. The recipients (required) and their parents/legal guardians (optional) will attend the 2020 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship Award Ceremony at 22st SAPA-NE Annual Conference (Virtual Event). A short speech (5 minutes) made by each award recipient will be expected at the ceremony. Each recipient will be awarded up to $1000 one-time scholarship.
- Free (2019/2020 SAPA Member)$0$00$0
- Application fee (Non-member)$30$300$0