Mon, May 15|
for receiving all application materials
SAPA-NE 2023 High School Excellence Scholarship Application
May 15, 11:59 PM
for receiving all application materials
About the Event
Eligibility The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a United States citizen or legal resident alien residing in the New England area (MA, NH, RI, VT, CT, ME).
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior with a GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0) or greater and an SAT score above 1450 (out of 1600) or equivalent.
- The applicant must be enrolling for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited 4-year college or university in the upcoming academic year. The applicant should pursue or intend to pursue a major related to life sciences.
- Members of SAPA-NE Board of Directors, the SAPA-NE Advisory Committee, or the SAPA-NE Scholarship Selection Committee cannot participate on the selection process. Any member of the SAPA-NE Executive Committee must disclose should his or her relative become an applicant. Failure to disclose a position of conflict of interest will not only disqualify the candidate, but also lead to disciplinary action towards the executive member.
The applicant must submit:
- A brief resume illustrating major accomplishments during the applicant’s K-12 education
- An essay (~600 words) to illustrate what the applicant will be pursuing at college and what inspired him or her to make such a decision
- A recommendation letter from the school counselor and two letters of recommendation from teachers who can attest and comment on the applicant's achievements and development potentials
- A copy of high school transcript and a copy of standard test results.
- A copy of acceptance letter from the college the applicant intends to enroll
- An application fee ($30) needs to be paid before the submission (Pay online: https://www.sapa-neweb.org/events/scholarship2023). The application fee can be waived if the applicant’s parent or legal guardian is a member of SAPA.
Online application form is available by clicking this link. You may fill in the online application form, print the application, and send the application along with recommendation letters, a copy of acceptance letter from the college, and the payment confirmation letter of the application fee to the following address.
May 15, 2023 (Postmarked)
Application Mail Address: Please enclose ALL the materials, including sealed recommendation letters, in ONE package and send to SAPA-NE
SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship
41 Sidney Lane, Concord MA 01742
Selection Procedures An independent Scholarship Selection Committee appointed by the SAPA-NE Executive Committee will evaluate all valid applications and nominate several strongest candidates. SAPA-NE Executive Committee will make the final selection of up to three award recipients. Applicants will be evaluated on:
- Academic performance, leadership quality, and community/school service.
- Demonstrated potential and commitment to a career aspiration that has a broad impact in the society.
Award Acceptance Recipients of 2023 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship will be notified by Scholarship Selection Committee by email and will also be posted at SAPA-NE homepage http://www.sapa-neweb.org.
Upon contact by Scholarship Selection Committee, a SAPA-NE Scholar must submit an acknowledgment letter stating the acceptance of the scholarship award. The recipients (required) and their parents/legal guardians (optional) will attend the 2023 SAPA-NE High School Excellence Scholarship Award Ceremony at 25th SAPA-NE Annual Conference on June 3rd, 2023 via ZOOM. A short speech (5 minutes) made by each award recipient will be expected at the ceremony. Each recipient will be awarded up to $1000 one-time scholarship.
Free (2022/2023 SAPA Member)
Application fee ($30) is waived if the applicant’s parent or legal guardian is a member of SAPA in 2022 or 2023.
Application fee (Non-member)
The application fee is waived if the applicant’s parent or legal guardian is a member of SAPA in 2022 or 2023.